Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.
- Jean Paul Richter


countdown to 4-0

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Take-off!

We turn not older with years, but newer every day.
- Emily Dickinson

In about 3 weeks, I will start counting down the days leading to my 40th birthday.  I chose the time period of  9 months before this milestone because I feel all the emotions of anticipation for this particular birthday is not unlike those I felt when I learned I was blessed with a child in my womb.  Only this time, I am not an expectant mother but  it feels like expecting the birth of 40 something me!

I love finding the quote from Emily Dickinson while preparing to write the first entry to this blog because it is exactly how I feel when I think about turning 40.  it is indeed a milestone, but I don't feel at all, that I belong to the stone-age.

It is a chance to look back, celebrate the past 39 years in various vignettes, pictures of the present in remembrance of the past, old and new video clips; simply document all about the awesomeness of being 40 (and beyond1) and  living life fully!

My life has been full of major transitions the last couple of years, and I have found solace, growth and inspiration through blogging while going through all the changes.  What is more fitting than using a blog page as a platform to start one's take off to a new whole chapter of life.

Come along, smile and soar with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment